Welcome to the Networking and Multimedia Systems Lab
The Networking and Multimedia Systems Lab (NMSL) is a research lab of the Department of Computer Science at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Hsinchu, Taiwan. NMSL is led by Dr. Cheng-Hsin Hsu, and will be located at EECS 741, 742 and Delta 713. We are interested in the broad areas of multimedia networking and distributed systems. We design, implement, and evaluate new algorithms and systems to enable more efficient multimedia content delivery over networks to many heterogeneous devices. We are systems people and always strive to develop solutions suitable to real systems. Many of our projects lead to prototype systems built with off-the-shelf components.
- We are organizing a Smart IoT Lecture Series in the Fall 2019 semester. Please check out the time/location of the exciting talks here.
- We are always looking for motivated Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. students, working as research assistants in the areas of multimedia and networking systems. Our current research directions include: (i) 3D scene reconstruction (LiDar-based indoor sensing), transmission (dynamic point cloud streaming), and display (hologrammatic AR displays), (ii) general programming model for multi-tenant fog computing platforms, (iii) Internet-of-Things (IoT) analytics based on machine learning (such as dangerous driving behavior detection and vehicle reidentification in smart cities), and (iv) the emerging quantum Internet. If you are interested in joining us, please send me (chsu AT cs.nthu.edu.tw) a couple of paragraphs about your research interests. I will contact you if we share the same interests and vision.
Our students have been very dedicated, and their good performance has been highly recognized. In the past few years, our students have received the following competitive awards:
- 2019: Ching-Ling Fan, Novatek Scholarship (PhD)
- 2018: Yu-Ming Lai, Pan Wen Yuan Culture Foundation Scholarship
- 2018: Ching-Ling Fan, Novatek Scholarship (PhD)
- 2018: Ching-Ling Fan, Best PhD Forum Presentation, IEEE PerCom’18
- 2018: Hua-Jun Hong, Garmin Scholarship
- 2018: Yu-Tung Pai, WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholars
- 2017: Hua-Jun Hong, Pei-Hsuan Tsai, Best Paper, IEEE CloudCom’17
- 2017: Wen-Chih Lo, Pan Wen Yuan Culture Foundation Scholarship
- 2017: Pei-Hsuan Tsai, Novatek Scholarship (Master)
- 2017: Jo-Chi Chuang, WeTech Qualcomm Global Scholars
- 2016: Hua-Jung Hong, Pei-Hsuan Tsai, Best Paper, APNOMS’16
- 2016: Pin-Chun Wang, Pan Wen Yuan Culture Foundation Scholarship
- 2016: Hua-Jun Hong, MSRA Fellowship Finalists
- 2016: Pin-Chun Wang, Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship
- 2015: Tao-Ya Fan-Chiang, Novatek Scholarship (Master)
- 2015: Ching-Ling Fan, Pan Wen Yuan Culture Foundation Scholarship